Have a new phone? That’s great! But before you start enjoying its features, there’s an important task to be done. Unless you don’t want to use it from scratch, you need to transfer passwords from your old phone.
To do this, you can backup your old phone and restore the backup on your new device or use AirDrop to share separate passwords. See our guide for iOS below for detailed instructions and choose the way you prefer.
Apart from contacts or photos, you can use AirDrop to share your account credentials with another iOS device. For this, both your old and new iPhones should be running at least the iOS 11 version. Besides, they should be placed not far away from each other, within range of AirDrop.
Transferring passwords to a new iPhone via this method involves the following steps:
3. Transfer passwords to your new iPhone. Tap on the account you want to share, long tap the Password field for Copy and AirDrop options to appear.
Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to transfer several passwords in this way. So this method could be quite cumbersome, especially if you have too many passwords.
4. A backup of your device should start automatically. In case it doesn’t, start the backup manually, by pressing the button Back up now.
5. That’s it! Then, when you set up your new phone and get asked how to transfer data and apps to the iPhone, tap Restore from Mac or PC.
6. Connect your new iPhone to the computer you used to back up your old phone.
7. Open iTunes and select your new phone.
8. Select Restore Backup, choose the necessary backup, enter the password for the backup, and wait till the restore process is completed.
iCloud backup can be done with a WiFi connection, no need to plug your phone into a computer. To make the backup, follow the steps below:
If you were managing passwords on your old device using Passwarden, transferring them to a new phone is as easy as 1-2-3. Here’s all you need to do:
One common reason for not being able to access your iCloud data on a new device is that you may not be signed into the same iCloud account on both devices. It's essential to ensure that you are using the same Apple ID and password to log into iCloud on both your old and new devices.
To check if you are using the same iCloud account:
If you find that you are not signed into the same iCloud account on both devices, sign out and sign in with the correct account. This will ensure that your iCloud data, such as contacts, photos, and backups, will be synchronized across both devices.
Additionally, make sure that you have enabled iCloud syncing for the specific data you are trying to access on both devices. For example, if you want to access your contacts, ensure that iCloud Contacts is enabled on both your old and new devices.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our customer support team via [email protected]. We’ll be glad to assist you!
Get Passwarden now and manage your passwords efficiently and transfer them to a new device in just a few clicks.