PlayStation Network (or PSN) is a digital media platform that supports gaming consoles, smart TVs, Blu-ray players, and smartphones. The platform’s well-designed user interface makes it very easy to update or reset your passwords. What’s more, it is equally simple to change your PSN password in the Passwarden application.
All these topics are covered in our comprehensive guide.
1. Log in to your PSN account using your current secret combination.
2. Click on your avatar at the top-right corner of the screen and select Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Click on the Security submenu on the left side of the page.
4. PSN will show you a message that you will go to another page, click on Continue.
5. Click on Edit on the right of the Password line.
6. Enter your current PSN password (once), then type in the new one (you need to do it twice). PSN will automatically assess the strength of the combination. To create a truly unbreakable symbol sequence please use our in-depth guide. When you have finished, click on Save.
Well done! You’ve successfully changed your PSN log-in combination.
1. Go to playstation.com/en-us/playstation-network/ and click on the Sign in button at the top-right corner of the screen.
2. Click on Trouble Signing In?
3. Now click on the Reset your password option.
4. Enter the email that your PSN account is tied to and click on Send Email.
5. Go to your email box and open the letter sent by SONY. Its subject should be Change Your Password. Once you’ve opened the email, click on the Change Password button.
6. You are now asked to verify your identity. When you registered your PSN account you provided your date of birth; now you need to enter this same data. Click on Continue.
7. Enter your date of birth (January 1, 2001, in the screenshot below,x is an example) and click Continue.
Alternatively, you can click on the Choose Another Method link and have a confirmation code sent to your mobile/cell phone (provided you’ve registered your phone number with PSN).
8. The final step: create a new password (make sure that it is strong enough) and type it in twice. Click on OK.
Job is done: you’ve successfully reset your PSN secret combination. It wasn’t too difficult, was it? If necessary, consult our detailed guide on how to create a very strong password.
Note: Update your log-in combination on the PSN website first and then proceed to do the same task in Passwarden.
It is very easy to randomize your updated PSN password: just click on the icon to the right of the Password field and act on simple instructions.
Congratulations: you’ve successfully updated your PSN password in the Passwarden application!
If you have any questions or want to know more about Passwarden, please write to our customer support via [email protected]. It is our pleasure to help you!
To prevent your data from being read by anyone except you, Passwarden combines the extremely reliable EC p-384 protocol for public-key cryptography with the military-grade AES 256-bit encryption. Your privacy is taken the utmost care of.
If you use the Duress Password instead of the Master one, Passwarden is instantly aware that you are acting not of your own free will. Your most important data (choose it beforehand in the Settings section) will remain unrevealed.
Emails and text messages can be intercepted; with Passwarden you get a much better way of sharing your passwords. Create a Shared Vault and then invite a new member to it: it is both safe and easy.
Truly strong secret combinations should be long and feature random digits, symbols, and both lower- and upper-case letters. Passwarden is ideal for generating them: all you need to do is set the required length of the sequence, and our app will create and save it to the protected data storage. There will be no need to memorize these combinations: the Autofill feature will fill them out for you automatically.
Even if a perpetrator steals your secret combination, they are still not able to sign in to your account. With Passwarden you get the most effective protection possible!
If you create or change any information in your secure Vault using one of your devices, all your other devices will be immediately synchronized with this updated version
You can use Passwarden to store, change and share data in three categories:
Cannot find the category you need? You have a fourth option: store any confidential text information in your Security notes.
Passwarden by KeepSolid is the best app to store your important information.